hu=hi?

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Mon Jul 29 13:28:37 EDT 2002

In a message dated 7/29/2002 1:02:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dwashbur at nyx.net writes:

> > In a message dated 7/29/2002 12:47:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> dwashbur at nyx.net writes:
> >

> >     >
> >     The phenomenon is correct; HW) does appear in many feminine
> >     contexts, which is why the Masoretes pointed it as HIW) to get it
> >     pronounced as HY). Like Trevor, I haven't seen a better
> >     explanation, and IMNSHO the DH has been dead for ages, it just
> >     doesn't have the good sense to realize it.
> >

> > In your dreams, Dave.
> >
> And considering that phenomenal screw-up of yours with the 1
> Kings passage, I'm not sure you have any room to throw stones....

Yes, that was pretty bad, but I wasn't aware that I had thrown any stones.
That's what I get for taking the lazy way out and rather than reading the
Hebrew jumping to the English.  There is no mistaking Is. 30.33 and Job
31.11.  1 Kg 17.15 has both HW.) and HiY) which where has been felt necessary
to repoint each in order to reverse the order!

gfsomsel