is columbus jewish?

diegorai at bol.com.br diegorai at bol.com.br
Mon Jul 22 16:42:24 EDT 2002

Hi Everybody,

i just entered the mailing list and found it very
interesting. First of all, i want to beg excuses for my
english, since i'm brazilian and don't know it a lot.
With the time, you'll get to know me, by now i can say
i'm 16 years old, i study the old testament since i was
a child, in the hebrew language, cause its easier to me
since i was born in Jerusalem, and hebrew is my tongue
mother.
I was reading the messages and i saw some of them where
you were discussing if Columbus is Jew or not. Well, i
think it really doesn't matter, since he gave a good
contribution of ideas to the world, but there is a thing
that can e viewed at another way.
He knew the world was spheric, because he is jew.
Yes, that is. By being Jewish, certainly he read (past)
the jewish books, such as the Talmud, that is an
interpretation of Torah (old testment). In Talmud is
written that the World is like an orange. This is
written almost 3000 thousand years before Columbus
birth. So, probabbly he knew that, like many other jews,
that believed the Torah and read (past) the Talmud.
Sorry if this message is not on the topic, but i tought
it is interesting to know.

Thanks
Diego