Columbus - off topic

Yigal Levin Yigal-Levin at utc.edu
Sun Jul 21 10:28:55 EDT 2002

Actually, the version that I heard was that several of his crew were secret
Jews (the term "Maranno", meaning "swine", is derogatory). This may very
well be a legend, but we should remember that the year of Columbus' voyage,
1492, was also the year of the great expulsion of the Jews from Spain,
scattering the "Sephardi" communities throughout Europe, the Mid East and
eventually the New World.

Yigal