Torah Download.

Richard Burks rwburks at flash.net
Wed Jul 10 08:57:03 EDT 2002

Ian,

It looks as though you and I are travelling down the same road.  What I have
discovered so far is Davka corp. www.davka.com has a special right now that
has a CD Bible program that is the Bible in Hebrew and I believe fully
pointed text.  It is on sale right now for under 30 dollars. They have made
products for MAC for a long time

The SIL organization has fully pointed fonts that work on MAC.  They also
give you a download procedure for a fully pointed BHS text. It comes from
oxford text archives and is actually transliterated.  The give you a
procedure for converting the text to use the SIL fonts. WWW.SIL.ORG

Supposedly my Bible Works 5 will work with Virtual PC and then I can take
text from it to my word processor which I did in the PC world, but I have
gotten that process to work.  I downloaded their "macfonts" but can get them
to install on my MAC yet. It is also fully pointed.  I think the davka deal
is a good one ... We will see I ordered it yesterday ... By the way I
believe both it and the SIL stuff work under the Classic functions of the
MAC.

Regards,

Bill Burks