Learning Hebrew cantillation

Trevor Peterson 06PETERSON at cua.edu
Tue Jul 9 10:37:48 EDT 2002

>===== Original Message From Tony Larsson <tony.larsson at cling.gu.se> =====
>Dear fellow-listers,
>

>thanks for input on Is 62:5. Now I have another question, less
>text-related:
>
>Are there any good pages for learning Hebrew cantillation on-line? My
>BHS came with a card giving the names of all the symbols in the texts,
>but that didn't help me to really use them and sing the texts myself.

There's an excellent site with audio recordings of cantillation for all of the
Torah readings (and I think the Haftorah, too) at
http://bible.ort.org/intro1.asp?lang=1

I don't know how much it will help you learn what to do with the Masoretic
markings, but it's a start anyway.

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics