Your sons or your Builder? (Is 62:5)

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Sun Jul 7 22:19:50 EDT 2002

I think we have here a couple of puns: it's both "builders" and
"sons," and it's both "marry" and "take ownership of"/"possess".
Just as a young man "marries"/"takes ownership" of a virgin (!)
Your "sons"/"builders" will "marry"/"possess"/"take ownership" of you.
Your sons, and not a stranger, will possess you.
And by doing it, they become your builders.
My son is my "builder" when he marries and brings my grandchildren into the
world.
All this can be read on many levels.
Liz