Happy 4th of July.

Trevor & Julie Peterson 06peterson at cua.edu
Thu Jul 4 07:41:58 EDT 2002

Ian wrote:

> Strictly speaking this has nothing to do with Hebrew,
> unless perhaps I were to wish you a 'hag sameach'
> (excuse the phonetics!)? This might provide a tenuous
> Hebrew link, but anyway...

One system would be khag sameakh. I kind of like kh over ch, since
English-speakers are less likely to get confused. (And although I know that
some insist there should be a distinction between khet and khaf, others say
not, and I don't know how you'd transcribe it easily in this format anyway.)

> To all our neighbours across the pond,
> HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!
> Shalom lecha.

Lousy redcoats. What, are you worried if you don't wish us well, we'll come
over there and kick your butts again--oops, sorry! ;-)

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics