Elohim, a plural of Majesty ?

jhonhar at juno.com jhonhar at juno.com
Tue Jan 29 17:58:36 EST 2002

As ELOHIM indicates reverence or majesty, would this show more of a
qualitative aspect than a name? It seems that the singular verb BARA in
Ge. 1:1 ties these vast qualities in HIM. But as a name, perhaps, since
Ex. 6:3 definitively gives the Tetragrammaton as His Name. Any
suggestions on harmonizing these two texts as names?
Thanks,
John Carras
jhonhar at juno.com