ELOHIM NOT PLURAL

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 16:20:37 EST 2002

In a message dated 1/29/2002 3:28:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rosewalk at concentric.net writes:

> The Torah is a religious document, and I don't understand how you can take
> religion out of it, and think you are understanding - like taking the soul
> out of the body.
>
> I will shut up now

Thank you.

I have only one thing to add. Regarding your accusation that I would seek to
"take religion out of it", nothing could be further from the truth.  Faith
does not determine linguistics.  It does not tell me what a passage means.
If it did, I would not need to read the passage but would already know the
answer.

gfsomsel