PS Re: ELOHIM NOT PLURAL

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Tue Jan 29 14:52:33 EST 2002

> The Aggada, Mishna, Talmud, and Kabbala may lend some interesting insights,
>

> They are part of the Torah, they are elucidating knowledge which had been
> passed down from generation to generation, and now written down.

Yes, they were passed along and eventually written down.  But
whether they are part of the Torah or not, is purely a matter of
opinion, not fact.  Your background leads you to accept them as part
of the Torah, mine leads me otherwise.  That's why we try to keep
explicitly religious opinions out of the discussion and stick to
language and philology.
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
This time, like all times, is a very good one if we but know what to do
with it.
                  -Emerson