ELOHIM NOT PLURAL

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Tue Jan 29 14:58:53 EST 2002

Why need a foundation other than Nachmanides?   Nachmanides understood
Biblical Hebrew grammar as well as, if not better, than all the references
which you have heard of.

It would appear that you would be more suited to a Talmudic list than to
b-hebrew.  Here we don't establish matters by quoting one source - no matter
how respected the authority.

Well!

Of all the "explanations" of the word Elohim that were cited on this list,
Ibn Ezra's is the clearest and most correct, that I have seen.

He is no less an authority and expert on Biblical Hebrew than your sources.

Maybe you just don't like what he says, I don't know.

Elohim does not refer to plural gods, and that is really the essence of the
discussion here.

Shoshanna