PS Re: ELOHIM NOT PLURAL

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Tue Jan 29 14:47:19 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----

You cannot understand the Torah without all the rest - Aggada, Mishna,
Talmud, Kabbala, etc.  It is not meant to be taken in only its literal
sense.

Ahh!  But here that is precisely what we attempt to do.

But you can't.  The Torah is theology, and you cannot understand it from
just the superficial words, without going deeper.

The Aggada, Mishna, Talmud, and Kabbala may lend some interesting insights,

They are part of the Torah, they are elucidating knowledge which had been
passed down from generation to generation, and now written down.

but we do not base our opinions on them.

Obviously

shoshanna

gfsomsel