G.Gertoux and the Name...

Joe Baker joebaker at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jan 28 07:48:25 EST 2002

Hi all
I have been reading the posts on this subject but have yet to see an answer
to one earlier request on the original pronounciation.

OK. so Gertoux says it's Yéhouah in French,

But how is this pronounced in English?

Some discussion has centred on -ou- but even these answers have left me a
bit confused (not sure if its tOO or sOW.

As for the whole name (and particularly the French writing Yé rather than
Ye)

Is it
Yeah-oo-ah (early Beatles) or
Yeah-oh-ah or
Yay-ow-ah  or
Yee-hoo-ah (the Santa Claus variety) or
Yee-who-ah or
any other combination of English sounds?

If you cab please advise in IPA or failing that (or more likely a suitable
font) can you do in it in "sounds-like" style ie "-oo- as in too"

Regards
Joe Baker ===========\
Perth                |
Western Australia ===/