Monotheism was: "admittedly syncretistic..

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Sun Jan 27 13:00:55 EST 2002

This is my understanding as well. Therefore, a person who murders his slave
is
not subject to a legal proceeding. If the slave has a family member to
avenge his death,
then the family member can try to do so, I suppose. But how likely is it?
A slave then does not have the status a free person, which is no different
from
Hammurabi's Code.
Liz