Monotheism was: "admittedly syncretistic..

Bearpecs at aol.com Bearpecs at aol.com
Sun Jan 27 12:47:09 EST 2002

In a message dated 1/27/02 12:38:55 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lizfried at umich.edu writes:
> } I'm not sure about this.It seems if so, then it would say mut, yamut. I

I think Milgrom would say that 'mot yumat' applies to judicial execution by a
court following a trial, whereas "naqom yenaqem" applies to blood vengeance
by a family member.
Milgrom maintains that "karet" means that G-d will cut off the guilty party's
bloodline, and possibly also that he will be denied an afterlife.