French OU

Pere Casanellas pere.casanellas at btlink.net
Sat Jan 26 04:44:41 EST 2002

This pronuntiation of Ou-a-ga-dou-gou seems to me rather strange. "Oui" or
"Ouais!" is pronounced in French in one syllable according to what all we
know and to Grevisse and Dict. Lexis  (Larousse). "Ouaouron" is pronounced
[wawar..], that is to say, three syllables, according to Lexis...

Pere Casanellas
Barcelona