French OU

stoney stoney at touchwood.net
Sat Jan 26 14:59:16 EST 2002

>A few french vowels present nuances in their pronunciation, but it is not
>the case of the OU sound.

Oui?  As actually spoken by those unfortunates who have not had the
advantage of instruction in good usage by M. Grevisse? . . . I am
inquiring, not calling the statement into question; it's just that in
English we generally find that those most anxious to define good usage are
generally least conscious of linguistic actualities.

Stoney Breyer
Writer
Touchwood, Inc.
THAI's LAW: For every vision there is an equal and opposite revision.