G.Gertoux and the Name...

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Fri Jan 25 20:52:45 EST 2002

But in foreign names transcribed in French "ou" can be a consonant like
English "w". How many syllables are there in Ouagadougou (capital of
Burkina Faso)? It would be different if there was a diaeresis over the
"u", as in the Hebrew grammarian's name Jouon, but how is that name
actually pronounced?

Peter Kirk