God's name: was Curious abut "G-d"

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Thu Jan 24 05:55:35 EST 2002

Yes, I believe in the Torah, in a sense which I won't try to define. But
I don't remember anything there about not pronouncing the name. Yes,
there is a commandment about not taking it in vain, but I don't believe
that this means not pronouncing it, at least in a suitable context -
though I might include not using it as a swearword as part of the
meaning of the commandment.

Peter Kirk