PS And God saw that it was good

George Athas gathas at hotkey.net.au
Mon Jan 21 19:49:27 EST 2002

| I know.  But I wonder where originally, far far back, the two words
| came from.  There must be a common something.

Not necessarily. It's probably more an accident of history that TB( and TWB have two letters the
same. Not a single root (as far as I have encountered) has ever accrued an extra `ayin. I'm sure
the case is that TWB was originally a 2-letter root (TB), but TB( was always a 3-letter root.

There are numerous instances of words with some identical root letters, but very different
meanings:

$MR and $M(
$LX  and  SLK
(MR and )MR