Dahood

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Mon Jan 21 15:52:26 EST 2002

I have Cragie's commentary in front of me, and so his limited critical
evaluation. I don't think he is referring to any other evaluation,
except of course for the one which he might have liked to write but
which would have taken a whole book. I don't think he ever did write it,
and sadly he is no longer with us (d.1985) to write it now.

Peter Kirk

Commentary
> 1983), Craigie quotes Albright about Dahood's commentary on the Psalms
> (AB):
> "Even if only a third of his (Dahood's) new interpretations of the
Psalter
> are correct in principle - and I should put the total proportion
higher -
> he
> has contributed more than all other scholars together, over the past
two
> thousend years, to the elucidation of the Psalter"
>
> Dahood really introduced new thoughts into the exegesis of the
Psalter.