PS And God saw that it was good

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Mon Jan 21 08:15:38 EST 2002

I don't deny it, though I think scholars debate this. But the vast
majority of roots in Hebrew as we know it (as opposed to speculative
reconstructions) have three letters, a few have four. TEVA` is certainly
from a three letter root. TOV could be from a two letter one, but must
be different from that of TEVA`. For that extra ayin must be a root
letter, it is never added or dropped by derivational processes within
Hebrew.

I know.  But I wonder where originally, far far back, the two words
came from.  There must be a common something.

Shoshanna