Curious abut "G-d"

Ken Smith kens at 180solutions.com
Fri Jan 18 20:51:18 EST 2002

Thanks for the response.  I hadn't been aware of the distinction between
writings that were intended to last, and writings that weren't.

But I guess I'm still curious.  The "name" of God isn't "God", nor is it
"Elohim".  According to various passages in Exodus, it's the
Tetragrammaton, right, i.e., YHWH?  I'm familiar with, and at one level
or another can understand, the care about YHWH, but I wasn't aware that
the same care was taken with )LHYM.  (Or is it?) If not, why is it taken
with the English "God"?

Sorry, hope I'm not being excessively dense here.

Ken Smith