Gen 15:17

Ken Smith kens at 180solutions.com
Fri Jan 18 13:09:41 EST 2002

TNWR occurs at:

Gen. 15:17
Exodus 7:28
Lev. 2:4
Lev. 7:9
Lev. 11:35
Lev. 26:26
Is. 31:9
Hos. 7:4
Hos. 7:6
Hos. 7:7
Mal 3:19
Psalms 21:10
Lam. 5:10
Neh. 3:11
Neh. 12:38

In most of these, it just means "oven" (i.e., for baking).  In Is. 31:9,
it's symbolic of God's presence in Jerusalem, and is parallel to )WR
("fire").  In Hosea it's a metaphor for the people's lust and sin; in
Ps. 21:10, for the divine justice.

But Gen. 15:17 is the only occurrence of TNWR ($N in the MT.

Ken