phonology question

Vincent M. Setterholm Vincents at minn.net
Thu Jan 17 12:15:25 EST 2002

Thanks, that's a cool link!  However the pronunciation used seems to be
modern hebrew (no distinction being made between tau with a dagesh lene and
without, the waw makes a 'v' sound, etc.).  What I am hunting for is
recordings of the pronunciation used in the older grammars, that bears a
closer resemblance to Arabic (ayin is voiced, tsade makes a harsh 's' sound
instead of the 'ts', etc.).  It may be that my best option will be just to
listen to some Arabic tapes and then try moving those sounds over to Hebrew.

thanks,
Vincent Setterholm