God as a Torch

Walter Mattfeld mattfeld at mail.pjsnet.com
Thu Jan 17 10:24:33 EST 2002

Dear Eric,

I have posited that the Torch is symbolic of God's presence, and that it is
God himself as a torch passing between the bodies of the animals, swearing
an oath to Abraham. The gods were spoken of at times as "Torches". Cf. my
article titled "Fiery Gods,"
http://www.bibleorigins.net/FierygodsYahwehAsshurMarduk.html

All the best, Walter

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld