CHESED

Ausra Pazeraite apazera at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 06:04:54 EST 2002

 I suppose it can be translated as "faithfulness", too.
Ausra

  George Athas <gathas at hotkey.net.au> wrote: > The second question might refer to a different word altogether--khesed,
> which is notoriously difficult to translate into English but probably gets
> rendered both as "righteousness" and "charity" in English versions. It is
> often understood as something like "covenant faithfulness," but I don't
> know that that really captures the sense either.

It's not that hard to translate CHESED into English. I go for either "commitment" or "devotion".

Best regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
(Sydney, Australia)

---