Qames or Qames-Hatuph

Maurice A. O'Sullivan mauros at iol.ie
Mon Jan 7 08:13:15 EST 2002

At 08:17 07/01/02, Bearpecs at aol.com wrote:

>This example comes from an invaluable reference:  _The Ohs and Ahs of
>Torah Reading:  A Guide to the Kamatz Katan in the Torah, the Haftarot and
>the Megillot_
>Rivka Sherman-Gold
>Yodan Publishing, Mountain View CA, 1998

Many thanks for that pointer.

When I checked out the author name on Amazon.com the response I got was;
 >>we were unable to find exact matches for your search for  Rivka
Sherman-Gold <<

-- which is very curious as subsequently entering just the publisher's
name, I got all the details and a full "blurb" at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0967047404/qid%3D1010408805/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F0%5F1/104-3561035-6134342

In the light of one previous posting which asked:
 >>If so, can't one just learn the list? qol is one. I think it's a small
list<<

it may be worth noting that << The book lists ALL the words with Kamatz
Katan in the Biblical texts read during synagogue services: The Torah
(Pentateuch), the Haftarot (selections from the Prophets), the Megillot
(Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, and Esther), as well as
words in frequently recited prayers, psalms, and hymns. <<<

At USD 42.00 I would regard it as on the expensive side, but then book
prices are very much in the eye of the beholder, aren't they? <g>

mauros at iol.ie