Qames or Qames-Hatuph

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Sun Jan 6 17:38:19 EST 2002

Arent'  there only a few words in which the qamets is pronounced like a
holom?
(Is that what we're talking about here?)
If so, can't one just learn the list? qol is one. I think it's a small list.
I remember breaking my head over this in beginning Hebrew, and then just
deciding that if I ever was going to read torah from the bima, I'd just get
a tape.
When else does it matter anyway?????
I'll wait for the flames.
Liz