Grammar

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Sun Jan 6 16:44:29 EST 2002

In a message dated 1/6/2002 11:25:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
ButhFam at compuserve.com writes:

> If you are talking about learning Hebrew, then the place to
> start is through "listening comprehension" available in
> Living Biblical Hebrew for Everyone, v. 1 + 3 CDs.

Not to downplay Randall's personal contribution (which I have not seen), I
think J Weingreen's "A Practical Grammar for Classical Hebrew" is still good.
 Also, it's cheap - $15 at Borders. The classic "Gesenius' Hebrew Grammar" is
still of value as well.  Most, however, will opt for the newer grammars which
have been mentioned.

gfsomsel