C. D. Isbell's suggestion -- off topic

Bill Rea cctr114 at it.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jan 2 17:45:02 EST 2002

Lisbeth wrote:-

>Dear B-Hebrew people,
>I just want to say that about a month ago Charles David Isbell
>noticed that the days were getting very short. He suggested
>that before they completely disappear that we each light one candle,
>then two the next night, then three, and so on, till eight candles are
>burning.
>I did that, and whaddyaknow!?!?!? It worked! The days actually
>seem to be getting a little longer now.
>So thanks Charles.

Hmmm, something must be wrong. The days were getting longer for
a while, but they are now getting shorter. Perhaps I'l have to
buy some candles soon. :-)

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury  University  \_
E-Mail b dot rea at it dot canterbury dot ac dot nz             </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                   /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                    (/'