[b-greek] RE: Greek Texts of thepatristics

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Tue Jan 1 21:51:40 EST 2002

In a message dated 1/1/2002 7:53:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
d.roe at t-online.de writes:

> I like Michael Holmes THE APOSTOLIC FATHERS: Greek Texts and English
> Translations for the early writers (Clement, Ignatius, Polycarp, Didache,
> Barnabas, Shepherd of Hermes, Ep. to Diognetus, and Papias). ISBN:
> 0801022258
>
> It show the Greek text on the left (even-numbered) page with the English
> on the right. Holmes includes an apparatus (the exhaustiveness of which I
> am unable to judge).
>
> The lowest price I'm aware of is AllDirects: $19.19 (36% off)...

These same texts (except for Papias, which consists of quoted fragments in
any case) are readily available in the Loeb Classical Library which also has
the same format.  The price is also comparable - under $20 at any Borders or
Barnes & Noble.

gfsomsel