Hebrew search (vowels)

Peter Kirk Peter_Kirk at sil.org
Tue Jan 1 11:42:15 EST 2002

I think your problem may be that the Westminster text divides forms like
WAY.O)MER into two separate words WA and Y.O)MER. But then I would expect it
to miss HAY.OWM for the same reason. Also it might miss HA$.FMAYIM because
there is an accent mark between the A and the Y.

I have just done a complex search and found 6060 surface forms containing AY
(with an optional accent or morpheme break) within one word and 15982 cases
where one part of a word ends with A and the following part starts with Y. I
can let you have a list of these cases as a (tab delimited) text file, but
it's 581KB (124KB as zip file). But this is not based on the latest version
of the Westminster text.

Peter Kirk