Heavenly Jerusalem?

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Mon Dec 30 18:14:23 EST 2002

In a message dated 12/30/2002 5:19:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wross at farmerstel.com writes:

> What about the reading of Zech 14 and Isaiah 2? Do they say what I think
> they say?

I'm not sure.  What do you think they say?

Seriously though, these two passages are not what I would consider to refer
to the "Heavenly Jerusalem".  Note that in Zech 14.1 it says YoWM B.f).
Similarly, in Is 2.2 it says W:HfYfH B.:)aX:aRiYT.  These are classic
prophetic prophecies even though they have rather picturesque images by which
they convey their prophecies. Contrast this with Rev 21.2 where we read KAI
THN POLIN THN hAGIAN hIEROUSALHM KAINHN EIDON KATABAINOUSAN EK TOU OURANOU
APO TOU QEOU.  In Rev it is portrayed as currently being SEEN, it is not
merely something regarding which the prophet says "It's going to happen."

gfsomsel