Akedah in the DSS?

jucci eljucci at unipv.it
Mon Dec 30 09:45:30 EST 2002

At 09.30 30/12/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Shalom!

:-)     Shalom  ...!

Joseph A. FITZMYER, The sacrifice of Isaac in Qumran literature, Biblica 83
(2002) 211-229
         http://www.bsw.org/?l=71831&a=Comm08.html

>I have a question though, in the Dead Sea Scrolls, does Genesis 22 hold
>true to the Masoretic?  More specifically, do the DSS include the mention
>of Isaac as being the sacrifice or is he left unnamed like in the
>Quran?  Was the complete text of Genesis recovered at Qumran?

Elio Jucci
http://lettere.unipv.it/SETH/qumlinks.htm#Qumran
  http://dobc.unipv.it/SETH/index.htm
     Mirror Sites: http://members.xoom.it/Shib/filosem.htm
                 http://it.geocities.com/eljucci/filosem/
         http://www.angelfire.com/wv/bible/filosem/index.htm

"Ex magno amoris incendio tantus uirtutis decor in animo crescit ..."
                         (Richard Rolle, Incendium Amoris)