Jonah

Susan Jeffers susan at read-the-bible.org
Sun Dec 29 10:56:00 EST 2002

 > I'm beginning research for my thesis which I plan
 > to write on the book of Jonah. I was wondering if
 > any of you had any particular commentaries you
 > would recommend, or other sources, for my use.

My personal favorite is

"Rhetorical Criticism: Context, Method, and the Book of Jonah" by Phyllis
Trible (Fortress, 1994).

As the title implies, it's as much about methodology as it is the book
of  Jonah, but it's a great companion for a close reading of the Hebrew
text, as well.

I'm also just now re-reading "Moby Dick" -- and realizing why it was so
boring during my biblically illiterate high school days!   :-)

Susan Jeffers

EMail: susan at read-the-bible.org
Peace Church Bible Study Home Page: www.read-the-bible.org