James: Hebrew or Aramaic?

Matthew Miller biblicalscribe at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 24 13:38:58 EST 2002

It has always been my understanding (and maybe I have just been flawed),
that Jews of Jesus' time spoke Aramaic. Isn't, for example, ELOI which Jesus
said from the cross Aramaic, while Hebrew would simply be ELI? I am no
expert...just here to learn, so any comments would be appreciated. Matt
Miller

"Invariably exacerbating and complicated verbage consistently effects in me
repulsion of prolific proportions."