"Non-Academic" Original Languages?

Vincent Medina vmedina at cbcag.edu
Thu Dec 19 11:28:47 EST 2002

Peter:

I have to admit that I am not familiar with either Randall Buth or John
Dobson, but from the posts I have seen here it would appear that Buth, at
least, uses his "immersion course" to teach IH and not BH. I will grant
that someone who goes to a language "boot-camp" where actual immersion can
take place can learn inductively. The point I was attempting to make was
the impracticality of that for most seminary/college students. Many of
them are taking language classes that meet 3 to 4 hours per week and
taking a full load of other courses besides. In this setting, I still
maintain that the analytical approach followed by traditional grammars is
more practical and effective. You obviously have had more exposure to
other approaches. I look forward to leaning about them.

Vince