"Non-Academic" Original Languages?

Trevor & Julie Peterson 06peterson at cua.edu
Wed Dec 18 22:14:16 EST 2002

Peter wrote:

> Serge, do you have any evidence for your assertion that Randall Buth is
> misleading his students? He may not be able to reconstruct biblical
> Hebrew completely and unambiguously, and I think he admits to using some
> modern vocabulary.

Actually, from my inquiry a few months back about what one says after
another sneezes, he made very clear that he tries not to substitute modern
or Mishnaic vocabulary; rather, he tells the students when a scenario arises
for which there is no attested BH that we simply don't know.

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics