meteg positioning problem

Peter Kirk Peter_R_Kirk at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 18 07:10:42 EST 2002

I have been asked by my former colleague Peter Constable to send this to
the b-hebrew list. To summarise, and for those who are not familiar with
some of the jargon, the question is whether there is an important
distinction, which should be preserved in computer texts, between three
possible positions of meteg; to the left of a vowel point (much the
commonest position); to the right; or in the middle of a hatef vowel.

Peter Kirk
peter.r.kirk at ntlworld.com
http://web.onetel.net.uk/~peterkirk/