bac.c.ar

S. L. lyosovs at cityline.ru
Sun Dec 1 17:23:14 EST 2002

   Right now I had a rapid look at the evidence as adduced in the c.ar II BDB entry and thought that it  permits one  to surmise that all the instances of  bac.c.ar +  prep. le  are verbs not nouns (against BDB), since, as it seems, there is no bec.ar li/lka (without article), but there are instances of  beyom c.ar li, beyom being a well-known relative element, roughly equivalent to ba`$er/ka`$er . The truth is there is bac.c.ar (e.g. Ps 4:2), without li, an undoubtful noun. Well, I began to experience doubts. Still, if we admit that c.ar li, mar li are verbs, they will probably survive as verbs in this syntactic transformation.
  Serge Lyosov