Computerized Torah Library

Maurice A. O'Sullivan mauros at iol.ie
Sun Apr 21 18:11:19 EDT 2002

At 15:50 21/04/02, Jonathan D. Safren wrote:

>My Computerized Torah Library CD-ROM (HaSifriyah HaToranit HaMemux$evet),
>STaM 2) won't work on my computer's Windows XP operating system. Windows
>Support knows nothing about it.
>The company that produced it is now defunct, so upgrading is out of the
>question. Any replacement program costs skyhigh.
>Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

One solution is to buy a program called Partition Magic, which comes with
an adjunct program BootMagic.
Partition Magic will allow you to set up a partition on which you load
whichever version of Windows ran your CD originally, and BootMagic will
allow you to choose which system to boot from.

AFAIK, v.7 of Partition Magic is still the current one, and will work with
Windows XP.
Partition Magic is an excellent program, with a good manual, but if you
haven't used it before, take plenty of time to read and digest the manual
before actually running the program.

mauros at iol.ie