Sheshbazzar.

Ian Hutchesson mc2499 at mclink.it
Wed Apr 10 07:07:35 EDT 2002

Ian Goldsmith wrote:

>Any insight into the meaning, of the name of the
>enigmatic Sheshbazzar?
>
>Gesenius and others seem to make him one and the same
>as Zurrubabel, but this seems inconsistent with the
>narrative use of the name.

Just as an incidental comment, 1 Enoch's Animal Apocalypse,
which is a crypto-history of the Jews and represents the
Jews as sheep, says, regarding the return, "behold three of
those sheep turned back and came and entered and began to
build up all that had fallen down of that house" 89:72.

It would seem to me that the three were Zerubbabel, Jeshua
and Sheshbazzar.

Ian