Hebrew Syntax.

c stirling bartholomew cc.constantine at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 10 00:21:28 EDT 2002

on 4/9/02 4:36 PM, Trevor & Julie Peterson wrote:

> Buth argues that this
> is not how the stem system works for living speakers of any Semitic
> language; rather, the verbs--the individual lexical entries--are formed of
> both root and stem.

Trevor,

I have seen discussions of this sort of thing in the older grammars on NT
Greek, under word formation. From the stand point of lexical semantics this
kind of thinking looks somewhat bizarre. I have generally ignored it,
assuming it was a hangover from 19th century philology.

Thanks for the clarification, very helpful.

greetings,

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew