BR)$YT, the continuing saga.

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Mon Apr 1 11:45:56 EST 2002

Solomon,
Thanks for picking up this part of the thread.  I don't want anybody to
take my subsequent silence for assent to Ian's response; I merely
wanted to satisfy myself that he would indeed find some way to
explain away the evidence that is contrary to his assertion :-)  I now
return to quiet mode, at least as far as this topic is concerned.

> Ian,
>
> Since you quoted Abegg's _The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible_ on the LXX and Genesis, what is the significance of their note that "the precursor to the Septuagint reading of 'gathering' (miqveh) rather than the traditional Hebrew 'place' is found in the Dead Sea Scroll classified as 4QGenh1.  In
addition, the accomplishment of God's command, again found in the Greek, is evident in 4QGenk."  Is this not some evidence for a "Hebrew Vorlage" for the LXX?