Out of Egypt

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Mon Mar 26 18:39:55 EST 2001

George has asked us to end this thread, so I won't comment on
the topic any more.  I just need to clarify one item in Ian's post
regarding what I said:

[snip]
> Does one necessarily need to "invent" such a tradition as the exodus? Can't such a
> tradition build through accretions as Dave also accepts?

I don't necessarily accept the idea of accretions.  I put the idea
forth for the sake of argument.  My point had to do with the idea of
a real event standing behind the exodus story, rather than the
whole thing being made up, but I am not sold on the "accretion"
theory as opposed to the idea that the story is true and accurate
as it has come to us.  I just thought I should clear that up before
following George's order and bowing out of this topic.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
violated."  C. S. Lewis