Sam, Chr & Josephus (Peter) and apologies

Raymond de Hoop rdehoop at keyaccess.nl
Tue Mar 20 12:28:53 EST 2001

At 19-03-2001 09:58 Peter Kirk <Peter_Kirk at sil.org> wrote:

> Ian, I think you should apologise to the list, and especially to Jewish list
> members, for comparing Ezra to Hitler in this (or any) way. I am sure you
> did not intend to cause offence, but I hope you understand how offensive
> this could be.

Peter,

I read Ian's posting once more with regard to what you wrote, but I cannot
find any comparison of Ezra to Hitler. Only something about history and the
causes in history. Even though I agree that there are some nicer causes in
history to mention, your suggestion of apologising is overdone in my view.

Regards,
Raymond