Patriarchal Narratives

Ben Crick ben.crick at argonet.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 08:18:15 EST 2001

On Wed 14 Mar 2001 (13:01:47 +0200), yonsaf at beitberl.ac.il wrote:
> As you all know, the righteousness of the Patriarchs is one of the
> central motifs of the Patriarchal Narratives. But have you given any
> thought to the possibility that trickery and deceit is also one of the
> central motifs?

 Wasn't it President Abraham Lincoln who insisted that his official portrait
 painter paint him "just as I am, warts and all"?

 I'm so glad that the biblical heroes were men of flesh-and-blood, not
 super-saints who could never put a foot wrong!  There's hope for us all!  As
 far as I can recall, the only biblical character to have nothing negative said
 about him is Daniel. What a role-model!

 Ben
--
 Revd Ben Crick, BA CF