was Michael -- Re: deuteronomy (Peter)

Bill Rea cctr114 at it.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Mar 12 16:00:40 EST 2001

Ian wrote:-

[snip]
>So we have a shipfaring people with a name of Denyen/Danuna/Danai, who
>just so happened to find themselves on basically the same coast around
>the same time, as the only biblically attested "southern Dan", who have
>no background according to the only sources to justify their connection
>with ships or the coast.
[snip]

Sock it to me! Do I understand you correctly? Are really saying that
within the Biblical texts there is a historical memory which dates
back to around 1200BC?

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury  University  \_
E-Mail b dot rea at it dot canterbury dot ac dot nz             </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                   /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                    (/'