Gal 3:16 as midrash (was...)

Christian M. M. Brady cbrady at tulane.edu
Sun Mar 11 23:19:57 EST 2001

On 3/11/01 10:20 PM, "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard at ont.com> wrote:

> Dear Charles,
>
> I see where you are coming from, but from a Christian's theological
> standpoint, Christ Jesus was a central part of the Abrahamic promise, for
> it was through Abraham's seed that God would bring His Son into the world.
> The people of Israel were a people especially prepared for the birth of the
> Messiah, the One who would bring salvation to all mankind. This was all
> part of an eternal plan for the redemption of a sinful world through the
> Son of God, a plan divulged to some extent in HB prophecy.
>
> Yours,
> Harold Holmyard

Harold,

I hope you won't mind if I just clarify one more time: In my portion of the
discussion I was NOT concerned with the validity of Paul's interpretation,
just his method of exegesis as compared with rabbinic midrash.

Ok, now that that is cleared up... ;-)

Cb
cbrady @ tulane.edu
--
"Oh, sure, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"
- Homer Simpson